Here are a few things to consider as you find the Wisconsin assisted living facility that fits your needs:
- Health needs: Make sure to verify if the assisted living place can fulfill your parent’s specific health requirements. These requirements may include medication administration, conducting physical therapy, or offering specialized care for ongoing conditions.
- Social and emotional support: Supporting aging parents in a senior living facility through social and emotional activities can be beneficial. Find a facility that offers various activities and events for socializing. These activities may include going out together, playing games, or engaging in art and crafts or various other hobbies.
- Caregiver support: Assisted living facilities provide support to caregivers by offering counseling and respite care. This assistance helps caregivers in dealing with the challenges of caring for their elderly parents.
- Communication: To make sure that your parent’s health requirements are being met and that concerns are immediately handled, establish clear communication with the assisted living facility staff.
- Planning for the future: It’s crucial to discuss with your parents their intentions and preferences for end-of-life care. Have a strategy in place for handling any medical emergency or unexpected changes in your parent’s health status.
Ultimately, it’s most important to ensure that your aging parents are receiving the care and support they need to live happy, healthy lives in their new living arrangement. With Sequoia’s help, we can provide the personalized care your parent may need as they adjust to their new environment.
Do you have an aging parent who is adjusting to assisted living? Sequoia can help. Give us a call today at (920) 422-7402, and we can answer all your questions.
#SequoiaIntegrativeMedicalServices #SequoiaMedical #AgingParents #ElderlyCare #SeniorCareInMyArea #SeniorCareNearMe #Caregiver #AssistedLiving #MobileMedicalCare
Back to Blog